Just Some Info...

My photo
Hey! This is Leslie here :) started up a new blog :o hope you enjoy! :D Look an eye out for new posts every Thursday ^.^ You can follow me on Twitter @greenday_theory or on Tumblr: speechless-n-redundant.tumblr.com

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The One With Imelda May

Wow. I have not posted anything in the longest -.-"" So disappointed in myself! I told you guys UI was going to give this up soon D: Okay must start up again. So this week I have been very moody as some of you might have noticed. To you people who actually saw that, I say: I AM SOOOO SORRY!! I was pretty horrible and I felt really bad.

So I got another artist for you guys! :D Just warning y'all now, some of you guys might not really like this artist because it's rockabilly :o I personally really like it b/c it just sounds...well amazing and fun. And the artist of the week is...IMELDA MAY! I found out about her on this website when they posted about her new album on music website and they had a free mp3 :) And like any sane person I downloaded it and I loved it. Her voice is totally awesome and so different.

The lyrics aren't extremely important if you don't look out for them, but the stories she tells within her lyrics are pretty good and sometimes funny :) I like how she uses the bass/cello and trumpets. You rarely get to hear the cello play such a big role in music these days, but when it does it is absolutely amazing. In Imelda May's songs it sounds nice and funky which is pretty cool. Try listening to "Johnny Got a Boom Boom" and you'll totally see what I'm talking about!

That's about it for writing about the artist. I know it isn't as much as before, but I'm kind of writing this in the middle of class and I also need to pay attention :P But you can listen to one of her tracks on my Tumblr page! Yes I made one and it's pretty good so far. So if you do want to hear some of her stuff just click on the following link --> http://its-jingletown.tumblr.com/

"I go where the Psy-cho!"
Leslie :D

No comments:

Post a Comment